Attorney says O.J. Simpson is banned from Cosmopolitan

Image

Brooke Keast / Nevada Department of Corrections via Associated Press)

Former football legend O.J. Simpson signs documents at the Lovelock Correctional Center, Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, in Lovelock, Nev. Simpson was released from the Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada early Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017.

Published Thu, Nov 9, 2017 (7:25 p.m.)

Updated Fri, Nov 10, 2017 (9:33 a.m.)

O.J. Simpson's attorney says the former football star has been banned from the Cosmopolitan resort in Las Vegas.

Attorney Malcolm LaVergne on Thursday told The Associated Press that Simpson received a trespass notice from the hotel Wednesday. He denied that Simpson was intoxicated or belligerent while at the Las Vegas Strip property.

LaVergne says Simpson was not given a reason for the ban. He also says Simpson contacted his parole officer Thursday and underwent drug and alcohol tests, which were negative.

The hotel in a statement says it does not comment on its guests.

Simpson was paroled from a Nevada prison last month after serving nine years for armed robbery and assault with a weapon in an ill-fated bid to retrieve memorabilia.

He is living in a Las Vegas gated community.

Back to top

Share