A fire that did an estimated $450,000 in damage at the Bellagio on Thursday was caused by a faulty light fixture, according to the Clark County Fire Department.
The exterior fixture was about 3.5 feet below the roof line of a retail section of the Strip resort facing the Bellagio Fountains, officials said.
The fire was reported about 10:45 p.m. Thursday and was out by 11:09 p.m., officials said. Nobody was injured in the blaze.
“Despite strong winds that night, county firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and limit the damage to the exterior wall and roof,” Fire Chief Greg Cassell said. “While we never want to see an incident like this occur, it did demonstrate the extraordinary ability of the men and women of the Clark County Fire Department to keep our residents and visitors safe in an emergency.”
The shopping area, which features high-end stores like Tiffany & Co. and Chanel, was evacuated but the rest of the resort was not impacted by the fire, MGM Resorts International officials said. The shops and restaurants were open the next day.