Fans attending the Golden Knights’ home opener tonight at T-Mobile Arena should arrive early and expect amped up security outside of the arena.
Following the mass shooting on the Strip, MGM Resorts said it has elevated its level of security for the game, which starts at 7:30 p.m.
“Security continues to be a top priority at all of MGM Resorts properties, facilities and entertainment venues as our security team is working tirelessly to protect the safety of our guests and visitors,” said spokesperson Debra DeShong in a release. “MGM Resorts works consistently with local and national law enforcement agencies to enhance security procedures on our properties.”
The team is expecting a capacity crowd and has even sold standing-room-only tickets, so pregame traffic could be worse than during the preseason. That, in addition to the increased security, could make for delays getting into the building.
To speed things up, here is a list of all items prohibited at T-Mobile Arena.
• No bags or backpacks will be permitted into the venue except for small personal bags or purses (12″ x 12″x 6″ max) Please note that some events may enforce a modified bag policy. Please see the specific event page or contact Guest Services for further information.
• Cameras with interchangeable-detachable lens or external flash (no professional photography)
• Audio/visual recording devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
• Selfie sticks, tripods, monopods
• Outside food, beverage or alcohol
• Cans, metal/glass/plastic containers, bottles or flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
• Laptops, tablets, personal computers or two-way radios
• Weapons, firearms, pepper spray, pocket knives or mace
• Illegal drugs or substances
• Flammable liquids, aerosol cans or permanent markers
• Flashlights, laser pointers, flares or fireworks
• Noise-making devices (i.e. air horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
• Balloons, balls, projectiles or optical illusions
• Skateboards, Segways, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, hover boards and helmets
• Coolers, ice chests, folding chairs or pointed-tip umbrellas
• Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
• Seat cushions or booster seats
• Patrons without shoes or shirt
• Masks, chains or studded belts/bracelets
• Drones (without prior written consent from arena management)
• Animals or pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed and housebroken service animals)
• Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, ads or flyers without prior consent from arena management
• Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
• Signs, flags or banners exceeding 11 inches by 17 inches or attached to a pole or stick. Signs must be relevant to event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by T-Mobile Arena management. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.