Official: 3 hurt in Las Vegas hotel laundry chute fire

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 (4:23 p.m.)

A fire official says two people were hospitalized for breathing trouble and one person received minor burns in a smoky laundry chute fire at a hotel just east of the Las Vegas Strip.

Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Jeff Buchanan said the fire was out and when crews arrived about 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Marriott Grand Chateau on Harmon Avenue.

Metro Police also arrived and hotel guests were evacuated from the 37-story building after a 911 call about a popping sound that Officer Jacinto Rivera later attributed to the sound of the fire.

Rivera says authorities determined that no shots were fired, and no one with a gun was found.

Buchanan says the cause of the fire wasn't immediately determined.

Back to top