The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon will replace cars with runners on the Las Vegas Strip and downtown Las Vegas Sunday, prompting several closures along the route.
The marathon's three main races will kick off Sunday afternoon.
A shorter 5K Saturday — going from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. — will run through Sammy Davis Jr. Drive, from Sahara Avenue through Desert Inn Road and into Las Vegas Boulevard.
The 10K starts at 3:50 p.m. Sunday, with the half-marathon and the big race following shortly after, at 4:30 p.m.
The races start in near Fremont Street and go through the Strip, although the main event deviates and zigzags along the way.
The road closures, including freeway ramps, will begin hours earlier.
Las Vegas Boulevard traffic closures, according to the Nevada Department of Transportation:
• Northbound lanes will close from Tropicana Avenue to Flamingo Road from noon to 11:30 p.m. (southbound lanes shut down at 2:30 p.m.)
• Northbound lanes will close from Flamingo to Sands Avenue from 2:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Southbound lanes will close from Sands to Flamingo from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
• Avoid downtown Las Vegas traffic from 2:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Freeway ramps near the Strip also will shut down between 2 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
For full closure listings, visit here.