Because of stronger-than-expected customer demand, Caesars Entertainment said today it will open a third Strip casino next week.
Harrah’s will open at 11 a.m. on June 5, the company said.
Caesars had previously announced plans to reopen Caesars Palace and the Flamingo, which will resume operations at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Casinos statewide have been closed since mid-March, when Gov. Steve Sisolak ordered the shutdown of all nonessential businesses to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.
“Initial customer demand to visit the Las Vegas Strip has been much stronger than anticipated,” Caesars CEO Tony Rodio said in a statement.
“We look forward to welcoming back guests and employees to a casino resort environment where our enhanced health and safety protocols will be highly visible, including social distancing, frequent cleaning and sanitizing throughout the properties, as well as daily health screenings for all employees who will be at work,” Rodio said.