Authorities say one person suffered minor injuries after a fire inside a Las Vegas Walmart sent shoppers evacuating.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue says a fire was reported Sunday shortly before 8 p.m. in the paper towel aisle of a Walmart Supercenter on Charleston Boulevard.
Automatic fire sprinklers quickly quenched the fire before it could get out of control, and fire investigators believe the fire was intentionally set, officials said.
The burning material produced smoke that quickly filled the store, officials said. Firefighters managed to contain the fire to within the aisle and extinguish it.
A customer was injured when they tripped and fell while leaving the store during the evacuation, officials said. The individual was treated by paramedics and then transported to a hospital for additional treatment, official said.
Damage was estimated at $200,000, mostly from smoke damage, officials said. Structural damage was estimated at less than $10,000, officials said.
The fire remains under investigation, and suspect information was not available, officials said.